WHAT ENTRANCE DOES
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry. We are not your software-out-of-the-box developers: in fact, our passion is thinking OUTSIDE the BOX. Our team takes the industry standard and finds new ways to make software faster, more efficient, and more elegant. Our engineers address changing industry needs as they occur, often in close collaboration with our clients. Meeting face to face with end-users, we can respond to needs much faster than off-the-shelf product teams. Accelerated teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture. Our experienced managers and team members practice dynamic agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
You will create solutions for clients by developing, implementing, and maintaining SharePoint applications.
- Analyze, design and develop SharePoint deployment, configuration and customization projects.
- Develop SharePoint applications using VisualStudio and SharePoint Designer, including the design and implementation of custom web parts and other programs utilizing the SharePoint object model.
- Design and implement custom workflows and reports in the SharePoint environment.
- Work with Senior Software Consultants and Project Leads to define application objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to Internet/intranet applications by setting expectations and feature priorities throughout development life cycle.
- Design and conduct testing of the developed functionality.
We are looking for people with development or consulting backgrounds, with at least 2-3 years of SharePoint experience implementing and customizing SharePoint 2010 or 2013.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- Microsoft Office SharePoint solution design and configuration experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.).
- Technical Skills:
- SharePoint Server 2010, 2013
- SharePoint Designer 2010, 2013
- Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) 7.0
- Active Directory Fundamentals
- .NET Framework/ASP.Net/C# 4.0+
- Microsoft VisualStudio 2010/2012
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, and life insurance.
- Standard Entrance contribution typically covers 100% of single employee premiums
- For families, Entrance offers a cafeteria-style plan that includes both low and high deductible insurance options for maximum flexibility
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays
- Flexible work schedule, including work-from-home options
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Business casual plus jeans work environment.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothie station, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Open positions are contracted and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. No third parties please.
Job offers for this position will be contingent on a pre-employment screening, which may include (but is not limited to) a criminal background check, verification of academic credentials, licenses, and certifications, and/or verification of work history.