WHAT ENTRANCE DOES
Entrance software consultants solve real-world challenges for clients in energy and industry.
Our values are:
- Be Curious
- Find a Way
- Improve Everything
- Serve Others
- Have Fun
If you think this list sounds like you, then you need to come be a part of our growing Entrance team. Our engineers address changing industry needs in close collaboration with our clients. Teamwork and open communication is a huge part of our culture, and our experienced managers practice agile delivery to create unique solutions for our clients.
- Create business information solutions by developing and maintaining .NET software applications through the full software development life cycle.
- Define project objectives by analyzing user requirements and envisioning system features and functionality.
- Integrate applications by assessing system capabilities and establishing connectivity between disparate systems.
- Update job knowledge by researching new technologies and software products, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhance the organization's reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to clients
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills, with the ability to learn quickly
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Software development fundamentals (including object-oriented design, multi-layer design, debugging, etc.)
- Technical Skills:
- C# 4.0+
- ASP.NET 4.0+
- Web user interface design
- HTTP and HTML
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Office SharePoint development experience is not required but is a plus
- WPF(or similar) development experience is not required but is a plus
BENEFITS AND PERKS
- Generous benefits plan includes medical/dental/vision, short-term and long-term disability, critical illness plan, and life insurance.
- 100% company-paid coverage for single employees.
- For employees with families, up to $6,000 company-paid coverage per year to offset benefits premiums.
- 401(k) with company match up to 4% of salary, plus discretionary annual profit-sharing.
- 3 weeks paid time off per year in addition to 8 company holidays per year.
- Flexible work schedule, including work-from-hope options.
- Company-paid training towards certification and professional development.
- Great office location in the Heights area in Houston, TX.
- Little to no travel.
- Stocked kitchen (gourmet coffee, smoothie station, drinks, snacks and candy), catered breakfasts and lots of fun company events!
Open positions are full-time and direct hire roles. We are unable to offer H1 Visa sponsorship. Local candidates preferred as we are unable to offer relocation at this time. No third parties please.